President of the Russian Federation since 2012 is Vladimir Vladimirovich Putin, a former intelligence officer and politician from Russia. Putin was born on October 7, 1952, in Leningrad, now Saint Petersburg, Russia. Since the late 1990s, he has played a significant role in Russian politics.
|Vladimir Vladimirovich Putin
|Date of Birth
|October 7, 1952
|Place of Birth
|Leningrad, Soviet Union (now Saint Petersburg)
|Leningrad State University (law)
|President of Russia (2012-present)
|Prime Minister of Russia (1999-2000, 2008-2012)
|Lyudmila Shkrebneva (divorced in 2013)
|Current relationship status unknown
|Two daughters, Maria and Yekaterina
|Estimated $70 billion
|Source of Wealth
|Unclear, no official disclosures
|Fluent in Russian, German
|Black belt in judo
|Accusations of election interference, human rights abuses, alleged involvement in assassinations
|Time Magazine Person of the Year
|Putin is known for his love of dogs, particularly Labrador retrievers.
Early Life and Education of Vladimir Putin
His parents are Maria Ivanovna Shelomova and Vladimir Spiridonovich Putin. His mother worked in a factory creating artillery shells during World War II while his father served as a foreman in a factory. Putin attended a neighborhood school before enrolling at Leningrad State University to pursue a legal education.
Putin joined the KGB, the Soviet Union’s espionage organization, after graduation and spent several years stationed in East Germany. He eventually ascended through the ranks of the KGB to the rank of lieutenant colonel before retiring in 1991.
Political Career of Vladimir Putin
Putin entered politics after leaving the KGB and quickly grew close to President Boris Yeltsin. In 1998, Yeltsin chose him as the head of the Federal Security Service (FSB), which replaced the KGB. Yeltsin then appointed him as prime minister in 1999.
On December 31, 1999, Yeltsin announced his resignation, and Putin was named interim president of Russia. With more over 50% of the vote, he won the presidency in March 2000. In 2004 and 2012, Putin won re-election. He won reelection in 2018 to serve a fourth term as president.
Putin has presided over significant alterations in Russian politics and society. He has drawn criticism for his autocratic management style and his repression of political dissent.
Personal Life of Vladimir Putin
Vladimir Putin’s personal life has been notoriously guarded, but this is what is known about him:
- Family: From 1983 to 2013, Lyudmila Shkrebneva was Putin’s wife. Maria and Yekaterina, the couple’s daughters, are both women. Putin is renowned for being exceedingly protective of his family and for keeping them private.
- Hobbies: Judo, fishing, and hunting are just a few of Putin’s well-known pastimes. He enjoys skiing a lot and has been spotted on the slopes all around the world.
- Pets: Putin is well known for his love of dogs and is frequently photographed with his Labrador retrievers. Additionally, he has received gifts of numerous animals, including a horse and a tiger.
- Putin is well-known for his religiosity and belongs to the Russian Orthodox Church. His attendance at church services has been well publicized, and he has even given financial support to the institution.
- Lifestyle: Though it is frequently difficult to get a clear picture of Putin’s way of life, he is believed to have a comparatively simple existence in comparison to other international leaders. He is known for favoring wholesome cuisine like salads and fish and for avoiding drinking alcohol.
In general, Putin is a quiet individual who has succeeded in keeping much of his private life out of the spotlight.
Net Worth of Vladimir Putin
Putin is one of the wealthiest persons in the world, with a net worth estimated to be around $70 billion. The precise source of Putin’s income is unknown, and he has never made his tax returns or financial disclosures public.
Facts about Vladimir Putin
- German is Putin’s native tongue, and he frequently converses in it with German Chancellor Angela Merkel.
- He has been known to practice judo and holds a black belt in the discipline.
- Numerous political and personal problems have involved Putin, including claims of meddling in elections, violations of human rights, and alleged participation in the killing of political rivals.
- Putin is well known for his affinity for canines. Over the years, he has been pictured with a number of pets, including Konni, a Labrador retriever.
- In both 2007 and 2015, Time Magazine named Putin its Person of the Year.
Controversy of Vladimir Putin
Throughout his political career, Vladimir Putin has been a part of a number of contentious events. The following are a few of the most significant debates around him:
- Election Interference: There have been several charges that the Russian government, led by Putin, has interfered in other nations’ elections. The most notorious example is the 2016 U.S. presidential election, in which Russian hackers allegedly released negative information on Hillary Clinton in order to tilt the election in favor of Donald Trump.
- Human Rights Violations: Putin’s government has been accused of various human rights violations, including press censorship, crackdowns on political opposition, and persecution of LGBTQ+ people. His government has also been suspected of participating in political assassinations.
- Crimea annexation: In 2014, Putin’s government grabbed Crimea from Ukraine, causing an international uproar. The move was widely condemned by the world community, and Russia was sanctioned economically as a result.
- Anti-Democratic Measures: Putin has been chastised for his anti-democratic policies, which include a crackdown on free speech and association, as well as his efforts to consolidate power in the president. Many have accused him of weakening democratic institutions and undermining Russia’s rule of law.
- Wealth Accumulation: Many have questioned how Putin has amassed his enormous money, raising questions about his personal wealth. Putin has asserted that he is a modest public servant, although other sources contend that he has built a personal wealth through fraud and corruption.
Due to these issues, Putin has become a contentious figure on the international scene, with many seeing him as a danger to human rights and democracy.
Vladimir Putin involment in sports
Vladimir Putin has a history of being both a participant and a booster in sports. Here are some examples of Putin’s involvement in sports:
- Judo: Putin has been practicing judo since he was a youngster and holds a black belt in the martial art. He is well recognized for having a strong enthusiasm for judo and for actively promoting the sport in Russia. He founded the World Judo Centre of the International Judo Federation (IJF) in Moscow in 2010.
- Ice hockey: Putin enjoys playing the sport and has participated in exhibition matches with former NHL players. Additionally, he had a significant role in the development of the Kontinental Hockey League (KHL), Russia’s top professional ice hockey league.
- Soccer: Putin is a fan of soccer and played a key role in Russia’s successful bid to host the 2018 FIFA World Cup. Additionally, he has supported Russia’s national team outspokenly and has been observed at games.
- Winter sports: Putin enjoys skiing and has been spotted on the slopes all over the world. The Russian Alpine Skiing and Snowboarding Federation was founded as a result of his efforts to promote winter sports in Russia.
In general, Putin’s participation in sports is a reflection of his love of physical fitness and his aim to encourage healthy living in Russia. His initiatives to advance sports in Russia have contributed to a greater awareness of the nation on the global sporting stage.
ALO READ: BIOGRAPHY OF VIRAT KOHLI